BREACH PROFILE FOR THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER 2015
- February 18, 2016
- 0 comments
BREACH PROFILE FOR THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER 2015
- HOT FM, ABUJA was fined
N100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) on November 2, 2015 for airing a musical titled “Yahooze” by Olu Maintain which is classified as NTBB during its programme The Pulse, thereby contravening section 3.1.6 of the code.
- CROWTHER LOVE FM, Abuja was fined
N100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) on November 18, 2015 for airing religious programme with unverifiable claims to miracle from Prophet commander Nwachi which contravens section 4.3.1 (f) and (g) of the code. Also, on November 23, 2015 during the programme BREKETE FAMILY, presenter Ahmed Isa, Made a derogatory statement about AEPB staff which contravenes section 1.9.3, 1.9.5 and 4.5.1 of the code. On the same programme, presenter Ahmed Isa was overwhelmed with emotions that he was weeping and wailing and he left the studio without signing off because of the of Nigerian woman that was brutalize in an Italian Hospital which contravenes section 3.1.12 of the code. The management of the station was invited for a meeting at the Headquarters due to the reoccurring breaches on the BREKETE FAMILY show.
- WAZOBIA FM, ABUJA on November 25, 2015 was issued a final warning and advised to stop presenter, Expensive, from promoting products which contravenes section 7.0.15 the code.
- NIGERIA INFO FM, ABUJA on November 2 and 13, 2015 was warned to stop another presenter from HYPING Total Quart Engine Oil product which contravenes section 7.0.15 of the code.
- NTA NEWS 24, ABUJA on November 9, 2015; NTA CHANNE 5, ABUJA on November 5, 2015; ITV, ABUJA on November 25, 2015 and SILVERBIRD TV, ABUJA on November 20, 2015 used advert of Fairy Liquid Soap with an unauthenticated claim, “BEST OIL GREASY REMOVAL” thereby contravening section 7.0.14 of the code, these stations were asked to repackage the advert or provide proof of authentication by ASP.
- AIT ABUJA on November 26, 2015 during the programme “KAKAAKI” with the topic “KOGI GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION UPDATE,” the anchor did not check the guest, Chief Olisa Metuh of PDP who made unsubstantiated allegations of planned rigging of Bayelsa election against APC, INEC and the military. This was in breach of Section 3.3.3, 3.4.2 and 4.5.1 of the code. Station also on November 28, 2015 during the PDP mega rally and flag presentation to Gov. Dickson, made a lot of allegations against APC, thus; “Governor Seriake Dickson accused the other party of using federal power to intimidate their people and that all Timipre Sylva did in all his five years was to kill people”. Station did not edit the inciting comments, which contravenes the following sections of the Code: 4.5.1, 7.6.12, 3.1.2 and 3.3.1. All the breaches on AIT network were referred to the Headquarters for action.
- ADABA FM, AKURE on November 9, 2015 was issued a final warning letter for hyping of services and non verifiable claims by a presenter in the programme “Lori Ile” thus: “you that the world is tormenting and has mental disorder (Omo Ijoba) or being attacked or suffering from sickness or you are facing disappointment, miscarriages or stagnation, just call Baba Eyenkorin’s number”, thereby, contravening Sections 7.0.15 and 7.0.18 of the Code.
- On November 24, 2015, the station was again issued a final warning letter to repackage unverified news stories being presented in their studios by independent producers in the programme “Lati Inu Aka” a Yoruba news presentation where sources of their stories are not stated, thereby contravening Section 5.1.11, 5.1.2 a and c of the Code.
- BSES FM, Ado EKITI on November 3, 2015 was warned for airing the advert of a medical product where claims were made that the product could cure many diseases. The presenter also hyped the uses of Guarapad which included cure for fibroid, diabetes, epilepsy etc. This contravenes Sections 7.3.7 and 7.0.15 of the Code.
- ADABA FM, AKURE on November 17, 2015 was issued a warning letter for hyping and non-verifiable claims during their programme “Bayeseri” where the presenter hyped the services of Baba Alado and made non verifiable claim thus: “three sisters who were unable to conceive listened to the programme and went for advise in Baba Alado’s place, they were asked to go and sacrifice kola nuts to their ancestral god which they did and their problems were solved”. This contravenes sections 7.0.15, 7.0.23 and 7.0.18 of the Code.
- RHYTHM FM on November 22, 2015 was issued a warning letter for airing a musical titled “my body” by Solid Star ft Timaya which contained obscene, indecent and vulgar language thus: “she says am the best guy she ever had, she knows am tough, when my cocky gets up…take off your blouse, take off your skirt..; this contravenes section 3.6.1 of the Code.
- MELODY FM WARRI was on November 4, 2015 warned verbally for airing shoprite promo calling people to come and buy alcoholic drinks like American honey, campari, and sky vodka at a wrong time-belt of 3.50pm and 6pm thereby contravening section 7.4.4 of the Code.
- KU FM, BENIN was on November 7, 2015 warned verbally for airing the advert of “GPI Ambassadors for change programme” which lasted 1min.22 Seconds thereby contravening section 7.0.10 of the Code.
- ITV BENIN, on November 2, 2015 was issued a verbal warning for presenting people in unfair manner in a programme titled “This Morning” on ITV where a panelist made some remarks without caution by the anchor person thus: “the Governorship candidate Audu Abubakar, another name for him is corruption; then Bayelsa, Sylva, APC candidate is not only corrupt ordinarily, another street name for Sylva is a thief.” This contravenes section 4.5.1 of the code.
- On November 7, 2015 the station was again issued a verbal warning for airing a programme titled “Politics Today” where the panelist in the discussion programme was not balanced as against section 5.1.13 and 4.1.1 of the code.
- RAYPOWER FM, AKURE on November 12, 2015 was issued a verbal warning for abruptly going off –air during its programme “Kennis Music” and coming back without appropriate courtesy as against section 3.1.12 of the Code.
- EBS TV BENIN, on November 19, 2015 was issued a verbal warning for airing a news item during their programme “News In Brief” where the Edo state Governor made a statement which contained offensive reference to ITV thus: “ As I dey talk am, wetin eye see korokoro , e better wetin ITV go talk wey people no go see. My people talk say mind wey white naim dey destroy the mind wey e black” thereby contravening section 0.2.2.1 (b) and 0.2.4 (g) of the Code.
- POSITIVE FM, AKURE on November 18, 2015 was issued a verbal warning for hyping by a presenter and non verifiable claims thus: “in the carpenter’s shop, about 200 flies flooded the shop, despite the insecticide sprayed, none died and they all disappeared eventually. After this, the man’s patronage ceased and his wealth vanished; he was referred to Baba who gave them portion for wealth through his wife and also advised him to make a sacrifice, which he did and his wealth was restored” this contravenes sections 7.0.18, 7.0.23 and 7.0.15 of the Code.
- IBC FM OWERRI was fined
N100, 000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) on November 15, 2015 at 9:20 PM for airing trado medic advertisement of Papa and Mama Dada, as well as Iya Amara which contained spurious claims of “curing all diseases, such as infertility, eye diseases etc”. He also urged customers to return his drugs to him if they don’t work in 3 to 4 days. This breached Section 7.0.18, 7.3.5 of the Code
- EBBC (Salt) TV, ABAKALIKI was cautioned for breaching section 7.3.20 of the code. Station on November 1, 2015 at 8:49PM advertised Gold Circle Condom before the watershed.
- BCA RADIO, UMUAHIA was issued a final warning on broadcast of adverts containing superlatives. Station on November 4, 2015 at 7:34 AM aired advert of Obioma Enterprises Nigeria Ltd with the use of superlatives, thus; “the best in security doors.” Breaching Section 7.0.14 of the code.
- VISION AFRICA RADIO, UMUAHIA was issued a final warning for airing advert of Damara International Company Nigeria Ltd on November 2, 2015 at 10:54 AM with the use of superlative, thus; “the best in building materials.” as against Section 7.0.14 of the Code.
- BLAZE FM, ORAIFITE was cautioned and advised to stop advert until it is repackaged. Station on November 15, 2015 aired advert of Oosa Herbal International that lasted 1min 33secs, breaching Section 7.0.10 of the Code.
- ABS TV, ONITSHA was issued a final warning on use of scroll bars in adverts. Station on November 20, 2015 used scroll bars to advertise Organization for Committed Christian Friends (OCCF) Glorious City Estate. This breached Section 7.0.35 of the code.
- ODENIGBO FM, OBOSI was on November 20, 2015 warned and advised to repackage advert, of Focus Assets with the assertion that “Focus Assets are trust worthy in land matters”. The advert also lasted 2mins 43secs, breaching Section 7.0.10 and 7.0.14 of the code.
- SOLID FM, ENUGU on November 26, 2015 was advised to caution the presenter against voicing of adverts. A presenter of news related programmes on the station, Uche Gabriel, co voiced the advert of Celtic Fiber Broadband Wireless solution. This breached section 7.0.20 of the code.
- CROWN FM, Osogbo was fined
N100, 000.00 (One hundred thousand naira only) on November 2 and 7, 2015 for unsubstantiated claims and endorsement, breaching Sections 7.3.3, 7.3.17, 7.3.18 and 7.0.15 of the Code.
- SPLASH FM, Ibadan was fined
N100, 000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) on November 9, 2015 for commercialization of news, breaching Section 5.1.18 of the Code.
- AMULUDUN FM, IBADAN was on November 4, 2015 issued a final warning on sundry infractions of the Code.
- OLUYOLE FM, IBADAN was on November 18, 2015 issued a final warning on endorsement; breaching Section 7.0.15 of the Code.
- PETALS FM, IBADAN was warned on November 29, 2015 for lack of straight dealing, unverifiable claims and endorsement, breaching Sections 3.2.1, 4.3.1(g) and 7.0.15 of the Code.
- GALAXY TV, IBADAN was on November 9, 2015 warned on obscenity, breaching Section 1.16.2 of the Code.
- OGBC I & II, ABEOKUTA was on November 6, 2015 directed to stop jingles for unethical advertisement of Yoyo Bitters, breaching Sections 7.0.18 and 7.0.19 of the Code.
- PARAMOUNT FM, ABEOKUTA was warned on November 5, 2015 for excessive advertisement duration, thereby breaching Section 7.0.10 of the Code.
- AIT, IBADAN was cautioned on November 17, 2015 for using sponsor’s identification on set, in participant’s wardrobe and for using scroll bar to advertise the sponsor, breaching Sections 8.1.8 and 7.0.35 of the Code.
- LIVINGSPRING FM, OSOGBO was on November 20, 2015 warned for sundry infractions of the Nigeria Broadcasting Code.
- FRESH FM, IBADAN was on November 10, 2015 cautioned on the use of musical with vulgar lyrics.
- MITV, IBADAN was on November 4, 2015 issued a final warning for lack of straight dealing and endorsement, breaching Sections 3.2.1 and 7.0.15 of the Code.
- GOLD FM, ILESA was warned and advised to comply with the provisions of the Code on November 19, 2015 for using infomercial within a programme, endorsement and lack of straight dealing contrary to Sections 8.2.1, 7.0.15 and 3.2.1 of the Nigeria Broadcasting Code.
- ROCK CITY FM, ABEOKUTA was on November 14, 2015 issued a final warning for lack of straight dealing thereby breaching Section 3.2.1 of the Code.
- RAYPOWER FM, IBADAN was warned on November 4, 2015 for using infomercial within a programme, contrary to Sections 3.2.1 and 8.2.1 of the Code.
- Ray Power FM JOS was fined
N100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) on November 3, 2015 for playing a song by Iyanya featuring Wizkid titled “Sexy Mama” containing indecent lyrics: “Girl your dance de make me maga. I’m feeling your sexy waist… baby give it to me just go down low pass it to me like Ronaldo, I got the power Commando sexy mama…”which breached section 184.108.40.206(c) of the Code.
- Ray Power FM JOS: sequel to failure of station to pay a fine of
N100, 000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) imposed, within a time frame, and non compliance to another notice of reminder, the said fine was graduated upward to N150, 000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) in accordance with Section 14.4.3 of the Code.
- BRC (II) FM BAUCHI on November 3, 2015 was fined
N200, 000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira) for airing musicals with vulgar, profane and indecent expressions: Bruno Mars & Eminent lighters… “till nobody else even fucking feels me, till it kills me, I swear to God I will be the fucking illest…” and Chris Brown featuring August Alsina & Fetty Wap – Gold Slugs “ She loves a nigga with them, gold slugs, gold slugs. I’m grillin’ and fuckin’ at the same time… I could give a fuck how you feel. The ass and them titties on the real….” Both musicals breached section 220.127.116.11(c) of the Code.
- NTA JALINGO on November 17, 2015 was cautioned for airing News report about Jukun Youths’ purported plan to assassinate a council Chairman which was inciting and capable of causing threat to peace and unity of the state in breach of section 5.2.7 of the code.
- BRC II (FM) BAUCHI was warned on November 29, 2015 for non adherence to programme schedule without courtesy, apology or explanation to the audience, breaching section 3.4.7 of the code.
- NTA and AIT BAUCHI on November 29, 2015. Both stations were warned for late submission of their 4th quarter 2015 programme schedule to the Zonal Office in breach of section 1.5.1 of the code.
- RAY POWER FM BAUCHI was warned on November 23, 2015 for airing political programme titled “Harkokin Siyasa” which contained indecent language capable of inciting the public, in breach of section 3.1.2 of the code.
- RHYTHM FM JOS was warned on November 30, 2015 for allowing the use of the title “Dr” in a Trado Medic information titled “Health is Wealth (Abiola Nature Therapy”. The supposed Doctor was Dr. Isaac Olawale, breaching section 7.3.17 of the code.
- NTA JOS was warned on November 30, 2015 for abruptly terminating a network programme titled “Super story” for local commercials without prior information and sensitivity to the feelings of the viewers, violating section 3.1.12 of the code.
- CAPITAL SOUND FM KADUNA was fined ₦50,000.00 (fifty thousand naira) for the broadcast of back to back advert of Etisalat and MTN / Glo and Etisalat respectively on November 16, 17, and 22, 2015. This breached section 1.5(d) of the Code.
- WAZOBIA FM KANO was fined ₦50,000.00 (fifty thousand naira) on November 21, 2015 for violating section 7.3.10 of the Code. Station broadcast trado medic advert of Hajia Bilkisu which claims to cure sexual disease, back pain, low and watery sperm, chest pain, mouth odour, etc.
- ARTV KANO was fined ₦50,000.00 (fifty thousand naira) for violating section 7.3.18 of the Code. Station on November 23, 2015 aired trado Medic advert of Aboki mai sandar girma with claims to cure infertility and other sexual disease.
- WAZOBIA FM KANO was fined ₦50,000.00 (fifty thousand naira) on November 29, 2015 for contravening section 7.3.18 and 7.3.5 of the Code. Station aired trado medic advert of Pesco Nigeria Ltd., with claims to cure serious ailment such as typhoid, ulcer, diabetes, and arthritis etc.
- CAPITAL SOUND FM KADUNA was cautioned on November 3, 2014 for breaching section 7.0.14 of the Code. Station broadcast Baygon Insecticide containing superlative expression,"....the Number one Killer". Station also broadcast Transkin Tyre on November 6, 2015 containing superlative expression, thus; "....Best tyre and best quality", with presenter Oga Driver, endorsing the product saying Transkin tyre "very Very Durability" and the advert lasted 5 minutes. Station again broadcast SANS Cream Soda with Superlative, breaching section 7.0.14, 7.0.15, 8.2.2 & 8.2.4 of the code.
- CAPITAL SOUND FM KADUNA was on November 12, 14 and 15, 2015 cautioned and advised to reschedule advert. Gold Circle Flex Condom was aired in the prohibited time during commercial time out, breaching section 7.3.20 of the Code. Station also on November 22, 2015 during its News contravene sections 5.2.15 & 3.3.1 of the code, by broadcasting Kogi Gubernatorial election result before it was announced by the Authorized electoral Officer.
- LIBERTY TV KADUNA on November 7, 2015 was cautioned and advised to desist from broadcasting unfair remarks against the Senate president Bukola Saraki and National Assembly. This contravenes section 4.5.1 & 1.9.3 of the Code.
- LIBERTY FM 91.7 KADUNA was cautioned to repackage advert devoid of superlatives. Station aired Samsung Triangular Air Conditioner with the use of superlative, thus; "Nigeria first and only AC" on November 9 and 12, 2015, in breach of section 7.0.14 of the Code.
- LIBERTY FM 103.1 KADUNA was visited and cautioned on November 18, 2015 for airing inciting report such as: “Pro Biafra protesters attacked and wounded 40 northerners living in P/Harcourt, the situation made some people to leave the town”......... This contravenes section 3.9.4 of the Code.
- ALHERI RADIO KADUNA on November 13, 2015 contravenes section 4.2.2(c) & 1.9.3 of the Code and was cautioned. Station aired an interview with One Malam Ibrahim Baiwa Daga Allah who claimed to cure a mad man, and the presenter of the programme Ibrahim Ahmad Tijjani said: “Such is life... anyone who helps humanity God will help him”.
- DITV KADUNA was warned for playing a classified NTBB musical video of Davido "Gobe" on November 14, 2015 in breach of section 3.1.6 of the Code.
- NTA KADUNA was warned for contravening section 1.5(c) & 3.6.1 of the Code on November 14, 2015. Station showed a Soap Opera "secret and scandals" with a scene where a man takes a lady to bed removing his vest and began to kiss and caress her.
- FRCN HAUSA SERVICE KADUNA on November 22, 2015 warned for the broadcast of musicals containing indecent lyrics titled "Tana kukan Kurciya" by Hassan Wayam contrary to section 18.104.22.168(c) of the Code.
- WAZOBIA FM KANO was warned and asked to repackage advert with superlatives. Station on November 14, 2015 aired infomercial on "Mopix cable wire" with superlative expression “The best wire”, breaching section 7.0.14 of the Code.
- RAHAMA RADIO KANO was warned for breaching section 7.014 of the Code. Station on November 4, 2015 aired advert of freedom paint containing superlatives expression, thus; "Number one paint".
- COMPANION FM KATSINA was directed to caution newscasters against featuring in adverts visually or vocally. Newscaster with the station voiced advert of Saldefi International School on November 5, 2015 breaching section 7.0.20 of the Code.
- FREEDOM FM DUTSE on November 8, 2015 flouted section 1.9.2 of the Code. Attention of the station was drawn to ensure professionalism on part of the presenters.
- ONTV was fined in the course of the month and subsequently written a letter of a serious warning because of the station’s recalcitrance
- INSPIRATION FM: was fined for continuously violating section 7.0.15 of the code.
- BRILA FM: were sanctioned for breaching section 7.0.15 of the code.
- The zone is still contending with the problem of Hyping. The following stations were cautioned to desist from this act. BEAT FM on November 11, 2015, EKO FM on November 17, 2015, STAR FM on November 24 and 30, 2015, SMOOTH FM on November 26, 2015 and CITY FM on November 27, 2015 respectively.
- STAR FM and NAIJA were asked to caution their presenters who violate section 1.9.4 of the code
- RADIO LAGOS, BOND FM and FAAJI were asked to stop broadcasting the advertisement of medicine and products that require the attention of a qualified registered medical practitioner as stipulated in Section 7.3.5 of the code.
- FRCN FOMBINA FM was cautioned for airing a trado-medic advert of Al-Ameen Islamic medicine centre during its programme “Shafa labarin shuni” on November 3, 2015 which lasted 8 minutes 12 seconds in a 30 minutes program, violating section 7.0.10 of the Code
- NTA GOMBE was warned for absence of station’s logo on November 2, 2015 and also aired unscheduled programme in place of scheduled one, in breach of sections 1.3.1 & 3.4.7 of the Code.
- GMC FM was cautioned on November 11, 2015 between 10:16pm & 10:26pm for Re-broadcast of BBC Hausa Current Affairs Programme “Mu tattauna” in place of scheduled programme “Gata – Gatananku”. This contravenes sections 5.1.8, 5.1.9, 5.1.10 & 3.4.7 of the Code.
- RADIO GOTEL AM was warned for breaching Section 3.6.1 and 22.214.171.124 (c) of the Code. Station on November 20, 2015 between 1:25pm & 1:32pm played musical titled “TUZURU” by Babangida Kagara which contained vulgar expression saying: “… Tuzuru mararsa na da nauyi, ya hada ciki da bango, shi yasa yayi pillow guda biyu, Daya na aka, daya a karkashi nai”
- BRTV FM MAIDUGURI: warned and advised to desist. Station on November 17, 2015 between 07:30am & 08:30am during its programme “Talk your own & from the Government House”, Broadcast variety of musicals for more than 15 minutes without station’s identification and in place of scheduled programmes. This breached section 1.3.3 of the Code.
- AIT GOMBE was warned and advised to stick to its programme schedule. Station on November 23, 2015 between 5:30pm & 6:00pm aired unscheduled programme “Documentary on Educational Achievement” of Ondo State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, in place of Nnenna and Friends. This violated section 3.4.7 of the Code.
- GMC FM was warned on November 14, 2015 at 1:42pm for playing an indecent song by Dan Ibro Baba sai mana mai ros saying “…anyone that brings more money will get a well furnished room, and anyone who does not bring money will be left behind… father, show us how and what to do to get money from a boy friend…okay, all of you should shine your eyes, I will demonstrate how to earn money from your boy-friends…when they come to you, tactically unveil your cash request, walk majestically with all your body shaking to arouse their emotion in a flirtatious manner, soft tone and avoid harsh language….”. This breached sections 3.6.1 &126.96.36.199 (c) of the Code.
- The following stations were cautioned and asked to repackage adverts in accordance with the provisions of the code. Section 7.0.10 of the Code was breached severally by the following stations: RTV on November 2, 2015; November 12, 2015; November 21, 2015 and November 5, 2015; Rima FM Sokoto on November 6, 2015; Pride FM Gusau on November 9, 2015 and November 22, 2015; Equity FM Kebbi on November 26, 2015 and Rima AM Sokoto on November 30, 2015 were found to have breached the code on advertisement materials time limits, as follows: - Political campaign advert of Abdullahi Mu’azu Hassan chairmanship aspirant of Sokoto North Local Government, advert of Aliyu Lange Marina’s frozen chickens, another advert of Aliyu Lange Marina; advert of Amasco Nigeria Limited; advert of Jumbo and advert of Jumbo sack; advert of Nakande Farms ltd; advert of Sagir Enterprises; advert of Takin Zamani mai alamar doki, respectively. All stations affected in the breach were told to repackage in accordance with the provisions of the Code.
- ZAMFARA RADIO GUSAU on November 10, 2015; KBC Kebbi on November 9, 2015 and November 16, 2015; KBTV Kebbi on November 4, 2015; NTA Birnin Kebbi on November 18, 2015, Pride FM Gusau on November 26, 2015 and Equity FM Kebbi on November 24, 2015 were all noted to have contravened the provisions of section 3.4.7 of the Nigeria Broadcasting Code in the following manner: - Hausa musicals were aired instead of the programme “Lafia Uwar Jiki”; station went off air from 10:45am and resumed transmission at 11:18am without apology, and scheduled programme was replaced with praise songs of APC party without recourse to listeners; the scheduled political programme was skipped to air the programme “Clip Clap” and the second noted breach of the station was replacement of scheduled programme with “Proudly Spoken” without explanations; Pride FM Gusau aired musicals instead of scheduled Network news; Equity FM Birnin Kebbi fouled its schedule of regular Programming by airing “Chikakkun Labarun Duniya” 15 minutes earlier than its scheduled time. The stations were individually told to be mindful of the provisions of the Code.
- KBTV KEBBI on November 3, 2015 was cautioned for contravening sections 3.10.1 and 3.10.6 of the Code. Station aired Hausa Wrestling which portrayed dangerous behavior capable of imitation by children before watershed.
- RIMA AM SOKOTO on November 13, 2015 was warned and asked to repackage advert. Station aired the advert of Huawei phone with the use of superlative “first product” without any clear Authority to support the claims thereby breaching section 7.0.14 of the Code.
- KBTV KEBBI on November 10, 2015 was cautioned and asked to invite the Police to state their side to the issue in the subsequent episode of the programmme. Station aired a programme Health Digest, in which the Police were criticized for not taking action on cases of abortion. The Zone noted that the panel of discussants was unbalanced and effectively denied the Police its right of reply to the allegations, thus breaching section 1.9.4 of the Code.
- Equity FM KEBBI on November 20, 2015 breached section 1.9.2 of the Code when it featured a bungling, unprepared Newscaster, reading English News without deference to diction and grammar. The station was told to ensure that news presenters rehearse bulletins before going on air.
- ROYAL FM YENAGOA on November 6, 2015 was verbally cautioned for airing the campaign of Hon. Seriaki Dickson PDP at a Sagbama community where he made a hate speech with the excerpt “una won make the people wey kill una pikin come kill una again? Say tufiakwa and run your left hand around your head to reject APC and Timipre Sliva etcetera, thereby contravening section 5.2.5 of the Code.
- CRBC RADIO, CALABAR on November 20, 2015 was issued a letter of caution because a presenter promoted Basic Computers and other related companies in Calabar. This contravenes section 7.0.15 of the Code.
- RSTV, PORT HARCOURT on November 27, 2015 was issued a caution letter for airing an infomercial titled Computer World which was supposed to be an educative programme on computer literacy and packages, instead the content was on MTN products, seminars and other MTN services. The programme also exceeded the 15 minutes duration for infomercial. This contravenes sections 3.2.1 and 8.2.3 of the Code.