REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) FROM AUDIENCE MEASUREMENT AND INSIGHT PROVIDERS
- February 5, 2016
- 0 comments
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) FROM AUDIENCE MEASUREMENT AND INSIGHT PROVIDERS WHO WISH TO DELIVER AUDIENCE MEASUREMENT SERVICES ON NIGERIAN MEDIA PLATFORMS TO THE NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMMISSION OF NIGERIA
1. The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) is a parastatal of the Federal Government of Nigeria, empowered to license, monitor and regulate the broadcasting industry by the National Broadcasting Commission Act (NBC Act) Cap N11 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN), 2004. The NBC Act also empowers the Commission to promote authenticated radio and television audience measurements and penetration in Nigeria.
SUBJECT OF PROPOSAL
2. The purpose of this document is to obtain proposals from audience measurement companies (AMC) for the provision of audience measurement and insight services. Measurement will take place on the audience of the Nigerian National Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) and Direct-To-Home (DTH) “Free TV” services.
DSO – DIGITAL SWITCH OVER
3. The NBC has planned for the country wide DSO and is launching the DSO process in Plateau State. The NBC expects full coverage of digital media transmission across Nigeria within two (2) years, either by DTT distribution or by DTH distribution to homes which fall outside the DTT network signal.
4. Up to thirty two (32) advertising revenue funded free to air channels will be available on the DTT network with additional free to air channels available through the DTH network. Nigerian audiences will have the option of using a “Free TV” set top box to receive free to air TV and radio channels, or audiences will continue to be able to view certain channels from the Free TV bouquet as part of existing pay TV subscriptions.
IMPORTANT BID INFORMATION
5. The RfP document is available for download on the NBC website (www.nbc.gov.ng)
6. The deadline for submission of RfP responses from interested bidders has been extended to Friday, March 11, 2016 by 12noon.
7. Interested bidders may contact Felix Ejike-Ume via firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification of items in the RfP between issuance and submission dates, only.
8. Shortlisted companies will be invited by the Commission for final presentations and discussions.
To download the full version, please click here