14TH September, 2020 In view of the
Office of the Sec.
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY TO THE COMMISSION
The Office of the Secretary to the Commission is established by Section 5(7) of the National Broadcasting Commission Act, Cap. NII, Laws of the Federation, 2004 and vested with responsibilities “to keep records, conduct correspondence of the Commission and carry out such other duties as the Commission or the Director-General may, from time to time, direct.”
Pursuant to the above and to ensure the smooth administration and efficiency of the Commission, in carrying out its statutory duties, the office exists as one of the Directorates in the Commission and performs the following activities:
- Handles Correspondence of the Commission
- Serves as the Secretariat for the Board of the Commission
- Handles matters relating to the Board of the Commission, including arranging meetings and passages for members.
- Handles and coordinate Licence/Licensees issues including updating Licensees records, processing Licence fees and renewals and arranging meetings on Licence issues.
- Processing Applications for the Grant of Broadcast Licencees.
- Keeping records of all Licencees and the applications Files for broadcast Licence and providing information on same as at when required.
- Ensuring the safe keeping of records of the Commission.
- Carrying out any other duties ancillary to the above as may be directed by the Director-General.
Units under the Directorate
- LICENSEES REGISTRY
- BOARD SECRETARIAT.