DIRECTORATE OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION (DHR&A)
STRUCTURE OF THE COMMISSION
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has a Board appointed by the President. The Director-General is a member of the Board, while the Secretary to the Commission is also the Secretary to the Board. The Secretary to the Commission is in-charge of Board matters. The Board is the highest decision making body of the Commission. But in the absence of a Board, the Commission takes directives from the Supervising Ministry of Information and Culture.
- Board of Management: This is made up of the Directors in the Commission with the Director-General as the Chairman.
- Directorates: There are currently Nine (9) Directorates. Namely;
- Director General’s Office
- Secretary to the Commission
- Broadcast Monitoring
- Engineering and Technology
- Human Resources and Administration
- Broadcast Policy and Research
- Investigation and Enforcement
- Finance and Accounts
- Public Affairs
There are two (2) Departments and a unit under Director-General’s Office namely;
- Legal Department;
- Audit Department;
- Procurement Units.
- ZONAL OFFICES
There are currently Ten (10) Zonal Offices and Twenty-Four (24) State Offices in the Country. Establishment of additional State Offices is in the Offing.
Core functions DHR&A:
- Ensuring an efficient Personnel Administration including staff welfare matters, promotion, discipline, annul personnel audit, Leave and domestic passages;
- Coordinating the review and applying constantly staff grading, condition of service and other Commission’s rules, and guidelines, Public Service Rules etc and ensuring adherence;
- Initiating staff incentives and welfare schemes and supervising the implementation of pension gratuities.
- Ensuring optimum staff recruitment in conformity with approved establishment, Office of the Head of Service of the Federation (OHCSF), Federal Character Commission, IPPIS etc.
- Ensuring appropriate training of administrative staff and coordinating general staff training programmes;
- Undertaking Management investigation, Manpower Planning/Budget.
- Servicing of Board of Management meetings and others.
- Keeping registry for Personnel records;
- Ensuring proper management and maintenance of pool vehicles;
- Coordinating of administrative functions in the zones and state offices including the documentation of offices
- Promoting a positive image for the Human Resources/Administration Directorate and the Commission.
- Providing schedule of duties and setting targets for the staff of the directorate;
- Preparing and implementing Human Resources/Administration Directorate Budget;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Director-General.