License Category

Radio Broadcasting License

This license type is categorized. There is the (FM) frequency modulation license, which is for all comers including federal, state, local government, communities and private operators.

MW (Medium Wave) is also referred to as AM (Amplitude Modulation). It has potential for a larger coverage area than FM.

SW- (short wave) is strictly for federal government and is used for external broadcast, which can go beyond national boundaries. It therefore has international implications.

In all license cases, coverage area is determined by the Commission and stated in each licensees license conditions.